Langsung ke konten utama

Easy Caesar Chops


I'm almost ashamed to show you this recipe today as it is such an easy one that you will probably be smacking yourself on the forehead and saying, "Why didn't I think of that!" Easy Caesar Chops. Three ingredients and about half an hours baking time, and presto!  You have delicious pork chops that your family are really going to fall in love with.


Today I used bone in chops.  You could use boneless chops, but I actually prefer the ones with the bones attached. Almost like the T-bone equivalent of a pork chop. Mine are about 1/2 inch thick.  I love that tender meat that is next to the rib bone. Its my favourite part, so filled with flavour.


I always slash the fatty edge of my chops at intervals, which helps to prevent them from curling up when you cook them.  They stay nice and flat as you can see above.   I hate it when chops curl all up. They don't look nice and I think they are tougher.


Its as simple as laying the chops out in a single layer on a baking tray. I lightly season them with sea salt and black pepper.  I line the tray with foil first, which I spritz with a low fat cooking spray. This helps prevent sticking.



I spread each chop with some creamy Caesar salad dressing. You could use more, but I find a tablespoon is just about the right amount.  You don't want it to be gloopy or overly thick. Too much would totally overpower the dish.



After that you sprinkle on some grated Parmesan cheese.  Just sprinkle it evenly over top of each chop. I like to use a coarsely grated Parmesan Cheese for this. I find that if it is too finely grated it kind of melts into the dressing and you don't get as nice a finish.


Then you just pop them into the oven and bake. I like to add some clusters of cherry tomatoes on the vine to the pan for an added extra, but you can leave them out if you wish.  I like them and think they add an extra layer of flavour, not to mention some colour.


In any case I am sure that this is bound to become a favourite in your household as it is a favourite in ours.  A favourite because it is basically no fuss, no muss, and because they are quite simply delicious!  Tender, juicy and full of flavour!



*Easy Caesar Chops*
Serves 4
 

 Delicious and tender, everyone loves these! 



4 pork loin chops, preferably with the bone in
salt and black pepper.
4 TBS creamy Caesar Salad dressing
8 TBS freshly shredded Parmesan Cheese
4 clusters of cherry tomatoes on the vine (optional)


 

 Preheat the oven to 190*C/375*F/Gas mark 5.  Line a baking tray with foil and then spritz lightly with low fat cooking spray. Slash the fatty edge of the chops at 1/2 inch intervals to help prevent them from curling up.  Place them onto the prepared baking tray. Season lightly as required. Top each with 1 TBS of the salad dressing and spread it out to cover the chop with the back of a spoon.  Sprinkle 2 TBS of the cheese evenly over top of each chop.  Place clusters of cherry tomatoes around the chops on the baking tray.


Bake in the heated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, until the pork is done and nicely browned.  The juices should run clear.  Place on heated plates along with your desired accompaniments and serve!




These really are quite delicious.  I have another recipe that I use which you need to dust the chops with flour etc. first, but this cuts out that step entirely and to be honest, these are every bit as tasty!  Like I said, no fuss, no muss. I am all for that!  Bon Appetit! 



Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Butter, Herb & Garlic Basted Steaks

  Its our 18th Wedding Anniversary on Sunday coming up.  Its hard to believe that we have already been married for that long.  My last marriage lasted for 22 years and that time seems to have taken so much longer to pass.  Those were the years I spent raising a family, so maybe that partially accounts for the time seeming longer.  These past 18 years seem to have flown by at the speed of light!    A special occasion such as an anniversary calls for a special meal and so I picked up these steaks at the shops a week or so back to do a test in preparation for our anniversary dinner. We don't eat a lot of red meat in our home, but we do enjoy a good steak every now and then.    In fact if it weren't for that fact, I could probably happily be a vegetarian, but  . . .  a good steak would always be calling my name, or a slice of prime rib . . .  or a fillet Mignon . . .    I used rib eye steaks.  Each about 1 inch in th...

Roasted Garlic & Herb Chicken with Melting Potatoes

   My latest article is now live on Chef Knives Expert.  You are going to really love this Roasted  Garlic & Herb Chicken with Melting Potatoes Recipe.  Not only does it all cook in one dish but it is fabulously tasty!   A whole free range, corn fed organic chicken, rubbed with butter and stuffed with butter, garlic and herbs is roasted on top of a flavourful bed of potatoes, garlic, stock and white wine  . . .   until the chicken is crisp skinned and succulent and the potatoes are meltingly tender.  So delicious!   You can go HERE for the recipe!  Tell them I sent you!  Roast chicken never tasted so good! 

Oven Fried Chicken with Chive & Buttermilk Mash

  Yes, you read that right . . .  OVEN Fried Chicken.  The eagle has landed and my oven is now up to scratch!  It took them long enough, right?  Not complaining, I am just happy its working again. I love my stove, and am not keen to start over with one I'm not familiar with.      My Canon and I are familiar friends . . .  partners in crime . . . we know each other well and are happy to keep it that way!  To celebrate it being up and running again, I thought I would make one of Todd's favourite dinners, Oven Fried Chicken  . . . . along with Chive & Buttermilk Mash!    He loves his mash.  He is a real mashed potato fiend and will eat them any way, any how, any time!  They are his preferred form of potato, even over chips! (Not me. I love chips/French fries!)   The chicken is a fairly simple and easy recipe, one which I have been making for years. No, it's probably not any healthier than oil fried chi...